54 miles from Glen Elder Reservoir
Built in 1896, this charming Victoria home offers an idyllic escape for 6 guests. Native limestone walls and hardwood floors furnish the 2-bedroom, 1.5-bath 'Herzog Haus,' which also boasts a private backyard and garden. The house is situated across the street from the 'Cathedral of the Plains,' and features a bridal suite for you to get ready for your big day. Historic Hays, game hunting, fishing, and golfing are all nearby, sure to please everyone in your group!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom 1 (Front Room): 2 Queen Beds | Bedroom 2: 2 Twin Beds | Living Room: Queen Sleeper Sofa | Additional Sleeping: 2 Rollaway Beds
Originally built as the town's general store, this idyllic home perfectly blends historic detail with modern comfort for a unique and unforgettable experience. Most of the floors are the original hardwood, while the exposed limestone walls surround you with rustic charm.
Kick back and relax in the inviting living area, furnished with plush seating and built-in shelving. The flat-screen cable TV offers a variety of channels, allowing you to stay up-to-date with your shows even while you're away! If you're looking for additional space to relax, the sunroom boasts plush seating and a flat-screen cable TV beside the gas stove.
Head into the fully equipped kitchen and whip up some tasty snacks along the wraparound counters. The cooking space features built-in shelving and chic decor to provide a delightful cooking experience.
Just steps away from the kitchen, the bridal suite features ample storage, bright natural light and direct access to the full bathroom. From here, you can easily get ready for the wedding ceremony before going across the street to the historic Saint Fidelis Catholic Church for the big event!
When you return to 'Herzog Haus,' fire up the pellet grill for a celebratory barbecue dinner. The enclosed backyard features a garden, brick walkway and charming decor. Nearby, the pergola hosts an 8-10 person dining table so you can all eat together. Take a cooling dip in the nearby community pool before turning in for the night.
Once everyone's ready for bed, retreat to your sleeping spaces to rest up for the day ahead. The 2 bedrooms offer queen or twin-sized beds, while the living room has a queen sleeper sofa and the bridal closet hosts 2 rollaway beds. In the morning, you'll wake refreshed and ready for another unforgettable day in Victoria.
-- THE LOCATION --
This charming home is ideally situated for events at Saint Fidelis Catholic Church - also known as 'The Cathedral of the Plains’ - which boasts stunning stained glass, picturesque paintings and an Italian marble altar. If you visit in April or August, be sure to visit the Fidelis Fest and Herzogfest, respectively to experience family fun for all ages!
Ten miles away, the town of Hays is rife with old-fashioned charm, boasting a natural history museum and the 150-year-old Historic Fort Hays. Numerous restaurants provide savory dining options for a night out on the town.
The house sits just off of I-70, making it easy to visit attractions like Wilson State Park to fish along the rugged shoreline and view the native deer, pheasant and waterfowl. Hunting, fishing and boating opportunities in the area abound, so be sure to experience them during your stay!
-- REST EASY WITH EVOLVE --
Evolve Vacation Rental makes it easy to find and book properties you'll never want to leave. You can relax knowing that our properties will always be ready for you and that we'll answer the phone 24/7. Even better, if anything is off about your stay, we'll make it right. You can count on our homes and our people to make you feel welcome--because we know what vacation means to you.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, 3 flat-screen cable TVs, bridal suite, furnished sunroom, gas stove, enclosed backyard, pellet grill, fire pit (wood provided), furnished pergola, driveway parking for 2 vehicles with additional street parking and more
- Idyllic Victoria location across from Saint Fidelis Catholic Church, with easy access to area attractions in Kays, along I-70 and at Wilson State Park
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Hays Regional Airport (~9.6 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties, or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Ask the homeowner for a private tour through the Cathedral for no additional charge
- Homeowners can provide breakfast, lunch or dinner with advanced notice for an additional fee
- Please note that all 3 entrances require at least 2 steps to access them, which may present difficulties for travelers with mobility impairments
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in